September was an interesting month for me, most notably in my actually getting the start of plans together to move back to the US come November. The exact specifics on that are in the air, but slowly falling, and I am sculpting them into my own little snowperson.
Which means writing has generally been less than prolific in all sources, but here’s what I have for you.
- Over at GayGamer, I looked at Aunti Pixelante’s game Defend the Land, which acts as a political piece arguing against Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival trans-exclusion.
- Then, when Phone Story released, I also managed to grab it in the App Store before it was pulled. Here are my impressions of it.
- Over at The Border House, I posted a short bit about Techland’s Dead Island snafu with the ‘feminist whore’ code in the debug version.
- Then concluded the Half-Life 2 posts I started here a while back, examining how Gordon Freeman is an example of the silent ally.
- Then, working with Erik Hanson over at Gamers With Jobs, I started off a new series about playing Pokémon, but in drag.
No idea where October will find me. Have a few freelance bits and bobs up in the air. I also get the feeling I should play Gears of War 3, as in the last week, due to my previous posts about the series, I’ve had a resurgence in traffic to those posts.
Meanwhile, this video rather captures how I feel about producing content for blogs at times: